|Model Streamlined Permitting Process|
Important Definitions:- disconnecting means - A device, or group of devices, or other means by which the conductors of a circuit can be disconnected from their source of supply
1. The structural installation of the systems meets the following criteria:
a. the array is mounted on a code-compliant structure;
b. the mounting structure is an engineered product designed to mount PV modules with no more than an 18-inch gap beneath the module frames; and
c. the array has a distributed weight of less than 5 lbs./ft. and less than 45 lbs. per attachment.
2. The electrical design of the system can be described using the supplied standard electrical diagram and meets the following criteria:
a. PV modules and utility-interactive inverters are identified for use in PV systems;
b. the installed PV system capacity is 25 kW or less;
c. The ac interconnection point has a service disconnecting means that meets NEC 690.64(B); and
d. all products are listed and identified for the application (i.e. modules, inverters, etc.).
1. Site plan showing location of major components on the property. This drawing need not be exactly to scale, but it should represent relative location of components at site.
2. Electrical diagram showing PV array configuration, wiring system, overcurrent protection, inverter, disconnects, required signs, and ac connection to building (see supplied standard electrical diagram).
3. Specification sheets for all major manufactured components including, but not limited to, PV modules, inverter(s), and mounting system.
1. Over-the-counter permit application,
a. applications may be submitted in-person at the Office of Buildings,
b. a review decision shall be rendered within 30 minutes once a complete application is received by the Office of Buildings’ staff.
2. Online or electronic permit application,
a. applications may be submitted by email or through a web portal,
b. applicants shall receive a response within 24 hours once a complete application is received by the Office of Buildings’ staff.
1. PV systems found eligible for an streamlined permit shall be subject to a flat-fee rather than a value-based method to access permit fees.
2. Fees should fairly reflect the time needed for city staff to review and issue a permit
3. A reasonable permit fee should be a flat fee of $250 or less.
1. The business or person installing the PV system must hold a valid Electrical Contractor's License issued by the State of Georgia Construction Industry Licensing Board (103.4).
1. Inspection requests received before 3pm will be inspected within 2 business days after inspection is scheduled.
2. Applicants shall be able to schedule an inspection appointment for a specific time range not to exceed two hours.
3. Inspector will conduct a single comprehensive review including inspection of electrical, structural, and fire safety together.
Permitting Best Practices
Model Streamlined Permitting